Sunday, February 21, 2016

Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge II

Feeling creative?  Ever dreamed of the perfect calculator?  Here is a chance to design a calculator.  It can cover any part of mathematics you want:

*  Scientific
*  Financial
*  Programming/Graphing
*  Algebraic and/or RPN (Reverse Polish Notation)

Or if you want to go a specialized route, like Calculated Industries, consider:

*  Construction
*  Unit Conversion
*  Gaming
*  Geometry Applications
*  Civil Engineering
*  Physics 
*  Astronomy
*  Stock Market
*  Common Every Day Applications

It can be any combination!

Rules:
*  The keyboard must be used, including the arrow keys.  Assume that the calculator will have the necessary screen size.  You have 16 blank keys, of course, you can/should consider using shift and alpha keys.
*  The keyboard has a double-wide Enter key.  RPN and Hewlett Packard fans rejoice!
*  The marked keys must remain.  

Other than that, go wild!  Leave your creation in the comments.  




Have fun!

Eddie

P.S. If you want another design, I had a post where you designed a calculator keyboard using only 25 keys.  The link is here:

http://edspi31415.blogspot.com/2014/05/scientific-calculator-keyboard-challenge.html

This blog is property of Edward Shore - 2016

3 comments:

  1. On a slightly different note, regarding the perfect (beautifully laid out) scientific calculator, —in my dreams I would love to see this elegant HP as a scientific calculator:

    http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-3b8f/k2-_df3ba2d2-d184-4fbb-8ea1-548447db4fbb.v1.jpg

    The two shift keys would serve to put a lot of functions in the limited keyboard space; I would never put it down. . .

    /Silicon Valley Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - two shift keys can put a lot of functions. A key is to not have it look crowded. Color choice is also important. I like how the HP 10bII/ HP 15C handles two shift keys: one shifted function at the top, one at the bottom.

      Delete
  2. I am a final year, mathematic students. I was tumbling around the whole house as the anxiety before the examination is common for me. I got excellent marks on the particular subject due to Casio graphic calculator. I always thank my sister for presenting me this fantastic set. It has all the features which contributed in getting highest marks in my current exam result

    ReplyDelete

HP Prime and Casio fx-CG50: Trapezoid Midsegment, Height, Area

HP Prime and Casio fx-CG50:  Trapezoid Midsegment, Height, Area The program TRAPEZ calculates the following: Midsegment leng...